January 05, 2015
All classes will be held on Monday nights from 6:30-9pm at the restaurant, 275 Child Street,
, RI. Warren
Enrollment limited. Our $50 per person per class fee includes recipes, wine and tastes of the dishes. Call 401-247-1200 for reservations!
1. Monday 26 January 2015. Welcome Home! The wait is over. Thanks to everyone for their patience! We will start with a grand tour of our new kitchen, talk a bit about the design and the equipment and then get down to cooking a delicious menu of new and old standbys designed to welcome friends old and new to Simone’s.
Oh yes the evening wouldn’t be complete without a toast to everyone with some bubbles. Learn to prepare Caramelized Cauliflower Dip, Roasted Butternut Squash and Red Onion Salad, Roast Chicken Thighs with Rosemary and Tomatoes, a Chorizo, Escarole and Potato Gratin and Butterscotch Pudding. Welcome back, we’ve missed you!
2. Monday 9 February 2015. Make your Valentine Dinner! The recipes Joe will teach in this class offer something for every romantic. Some traditional, some not—just like love! Burrata in Swiss Chard Bagna Cauda, Baked Oysters with Spinach and Pernod, Sautéed Duck Breast with Tamarind Leeks and Champagne Risotto, Buttermilk Panna Cotta with our Jam.
3. Monday 2 March 2015. “My Forno is Your Forno” This class will center on our awesome Woodstone oven. Joe will teach you tricks to make your oven cook just like ours. We will make 2 different Pizze, Roasted Spring Vegetables with Almond Romesco, Oven Roasted Cioppino with local Clams and Cod, Baked Polenta with Spicy Eggplant Ragu, and our classic Bread Pudding.
4. Monday 23 March 2015. Pasta Boot Camp 1—Dried Pasta This class has been one of our favorites. Joe will share is knowledge of pasta and teach you how to make awesome pasta at home. We will focus on 4 sauces: Simple Tomato Sauce, Pesto, Amatriciana and Arrabiata and finish with a basic recipe for baked pasta. N.B.—we will happily accommodate Gluten Free people!
5. Monday 13 April 2015. Pasta Boot Camp 2 Fresh Pasta Joe will demonstrate and teach how to make Fresh Pasta. Learn to make Tagliatelle alla Bolognese, Pasta with Melting Asparagus and Parmigiano, Pappardalle with Jonah Crabmeat, Lemon and Crème Fraiche, and Spinach Gnocchi baked with Simple Tomato Sauce. Dessert will be served.
6. Monday 5 May 2015. Cinco de Mayo Celebration! Let’s have a fiesta. Begin with a fancy Tequila and tuck into a Ceviche with Avocado Cream as well as Queso Fundido. Learn to make our famous pickled vegetables and salsas and the fix-ins for a fresh, delicious and fun taco bar featuring our Fish Tacos, Steak Tacos, and Chile Verde Pork. We will surprise you with dessert. Ole!